I started this daily blogging lark on a whim, and after two weeks I am still going, so I might as well carry on. I enjoy doing it, daily creativity is good for me, and there are some faithful readers who have said kind things leading me to think that they at least enjoy it too.
So, I have bought a book on the subject. The motive behind this is that it will give me some ideas to keep things fresh and interesting. I have been blogging for ten years, but there are always things to learn and new approaches to try. Also I had some book tokens to spend. Unfortunately the graphic centre in London (I won’t tell you its name) where I bought it doesn’t accept book tokens as they are not a book shop (fair enough). But I bought it anyway.
Having read a small portion of the volume on the train I am starting to come up with a list of topics that I should include as part of my daily blogging:
- Cartoons – finished ones, added to one of my sites
- Rough sketches from notebooks
- Fascinating developments – new things I am doing or have made, etc
- Links to other things on the internet I find generally interesting
- I am pondering some sort of cartooning ‘How to’. Unfortunately I don’t really know ‘how to’, but I plan to appear as if I do.
- Video. Well, why not?
- Photographs (when all else fails)
The problem I have found thus far is that I do not do, create or notice one sufficiently interesting thing every day. So further ideas would be welcomed. Is there anything else you’d like me to write / draw / talk about on the blog? Please do say. Thank you.