1) Mowing. It all costs money.
2) Safety, especially in heavily grassed neighbourhoods.
3) Watering concerns. Screen-wash can’t be good for it. And who will water it when we’re away?
4) Animals and the things they do on lawns.
5) Keeping the edges trimmed. I’ve never been good with those lawn-edge-trimming shears. Over-zealous use means lawn gets smaller and smaller until there’s nothing left.
6) Dealing appropriately with requests for sporting fixtures.
[Picture from the Essex Country Show, where rural crafts and pursuits like this are showcased.]
#iknow #thisisrubbish #buttheJudgesmightlikeit