[Cartoon from the Dave Walker Guide to Greenbelt, 2005]
We’re about to leave to go to the Greenbelt Festival via various places. Here are some sundry bits of information relating to Greenbelt this year:
I have done 2 lots of drawings for the 2007 festival, both of which will be available free. These are:
- Some drawings for the children’s booklet for the Sunday morning service. You should be able to get hold of one if you lie about your age, or indeed if you have children. The Sunday morning service is being organised by Sanctus1 this year and they asked me to make a contribution which I was pleased to do.
- The Church Times Guide to Greenbelt. The Church Times did a Guide to the Festival in 2005 and 2006, and we have done another this year. I say ‘we’ because I have done some cartoons for the cover and also some inside (I think). I’ve only seen the cover so I don’t know what is inside. You can pick up a copy from the Church Times tent, and I’ll be helping to hand them out around the site.
I’ll post some or all of this material on the blog in September, as I’m aware that many people reading will not be at Greenbelt (and for whom this post is, I imagine, quite tedious).
Talking of the Church Times, they will be giving my book away again this year as part of an introductory ‘subscription to the newspaper’ offer, which I’m pleased about. They are signed copies, which reduces the value of the book by about 13 or 14 percent, but it is a good offer nevertheless.
Once again we will be holding our annual Wibsite gathering, this time at 3pm on Sunday on the campsite. If you are connected to the Wibsite in some tenuous way then you’re most welcome. This year Chris, who built the Wiblog system will be with us, which is marvellous. We might or might not have some news relating to the Wibsite which we will announcing to a great fanfare and some ready-salted cashew nuts. We have been blogging on the Wibsite for 5 years now – would you believe it.
All sorts of other people are doing all sorts of things at the festival. Here are a few:
- John Davies is doing a main grandstand talk as well as leading a walk around Cheltenham. This is, I imagine, a warmup for his walk along the route of the M62, which begins after Greenbelt.
- Maggi Dawn will be speaking, signing copies of her new book and singing.
- The Last Orders people have a blog all about their daily evening show.
- I’ve heard that the Mad Priest will be there. He is somebody I’d like to meet.
- The Tall Skinny Kiwi has put a call out for punters to attend his Saturday evening session. I doubt you’ll get a seat to be honest.
- Rev Sam is very kindly planning to buy me a beer.
- The Greenbelt technical people are hoping you’ll add photos to their Flickr group.
- Visions of York are doing a great big alternative worship thing in the Centaur.
- Scripture Union are launching Wise Traveller. Contributors include john Davies (above) and Kester Brewin.
If you’re at Greenbelt it would be great to meet / see you. All being well (if the van makes it) we’ll be in campsite 9 with a rusty campervan and a big white ‘W’ flag, so do come and say hello. Alternatively the Church Times tent would be a place to contact me. If I’m not there you could leave a message perhaps.
Comments on this blog may take a while to be moderated for the next week.