This is the name of the walk that the Archbishops are doing in London on March the 24th to mark 200 years since the end of the slave trade. There is a website: makingourmark.org.uk. Today they have put a video on YouTube that is here. Frustratingly we have a long standing engagement in another part of the country on that day so will not be attending.
There are of course a lot of other things going on that relate to this anniversary. Here are some:
- William Wilberforce book by Steve Tomkins. I’ve bought this but haven’t read it yet. Some extracts are here.
- Amazing Grace the film. Opens on the 23rd of March.
- Anti slavery art exhibition at St Paul’s cathedral. Closes on the 29th of March.
- March in Bath on March 25th
- Exhibition in Bristol: The British Empire & Commonwealth Museum – Exhibitions – Slave Trade 2007
There are also a lot of different organisations working for the stopping of modern day slavery, including: