The Green Church Awards, launched today by the Church Times. The awards will be awarded in the summer and there are different categories of awards as follows (award – sponsor):
- 1. Action with the community – Conservation Foundation
- 2. Biodiversity – A Rocha UK
- 3. Campaigning to cut the carbon – Operation Noah/Christian Ecology Link
- 4. Celebrating creation – Eco-congregation
- 5. Changing Lifestyles – Tearfund/ A Rocha’s Living Lightly 24:1
- 6. Energy saving in church buildings – Shrinking the Footprint/Marches Energy Agency
- 7. International action – Christian Aid
- 8. Young people – Christian Aid
- 9. Overall award: Best of the best – Church Times
Very timely, given today’s headlines (BBC: 1, 2, 3)
Compensate poor countries before it’s too late says Christian Aid
[Apologies that I'm not writing or drawing more today. I'm feeling under pressure and things aren't going that well.]
1 Comment »
Share this on Facebook:
If you enjoyed this post you might also enjoy these (possibly)
If you liked this post why not send it to someone else by e-mail? Click here to do so.
This is a single post on the Cartoon Blog by Dave
posted on Friday, February 2nd, 2007 at 2:34 pm. Click here to read all of the latest posts.
Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Other things technologically advanced people may like to do: trackback from another site, follow responses via the comments feed, bookmark on del.icio.us or digg.