- Today is World Aids Day.
- My thoughts are with my friends in Swansea who are mourning the loss of their friend, Michael Blakey. I didn’t know him, but their tributes are powerful: Wood, Alice, Richard, Sarah, Jacqui, Malcolm.
- Today marks the start of Advent (or at least Advent calendars). I have still not decided how I should mark it this year, but I hope to begin marking it in some way later.
If you enjoyed this post you might also enjoy these (possibly)
- The Verger, his wife and their apostrophes
- The Caravan Gallery
- The Papal Tractor (made in Basildon)
- Youthwork cartoons
- All the posts in these categories: Links: bloggers, Spirituality
- The main Cartoon Blog page containing all of the latest entries
If you liked this post why not send it to someone else by e-mail? Click here to do so.
This is a single post on the Cartoon Blog by Dave posted on Friday, December 1st, 2006 at 9:47 am. Click here to read all of the latest posts. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
5 Responses to “Causes for reflection”
Advent begins on Sunday, not today. Although many Advent calendars begin on 1st December, the season of Advent begins on the fourth Sunday before Christmas – and is thus of variable length, at its shortest this year as Christmas day is on a Monday.
Richard Hall says:
Thanks for your kind words about Mike. He will be very much missed.
Could you celebrate the start of Advent by coming up with some designs for a set of Christmas stamps?
Is it really a year since your advent calendar? Oh how I enjoyed it.