The great thing about having blog like this is that if you have nothing intelligent to say you can draw something nonsensical without causing a frown in the office of some client or editor somewhere. I had to come up with something though because Maggi told me to. Today’s Anglican story is a bit of a non-story really, hence the bit of a non-cartoon. Lots of people woke up this morning to the news that the Archbishop of Canterbury might have doubts over women priests and that he might be reconsidering the issue. It turned out that it was all a bit of a kerfuffle over nothing as these links explain. Don’t read all of them though – it’ll take you for ever.
- The original interview with the Archbishop, published in the Catholic Herald: Archbishop of Canterbury talks to Freddy Gray (Telegraph version in case the other gets taken down). This is a bit long so prepare yourself before you start.
- Telegraph column reading things into what the Archbishop didn’t say – one of a number.
- Thinking Anglicans has more of these news links as per usual.
- Press release from Lambeth Palace saying that nonsense has been written and would you please stop it or we shall get cross.
- Andrew Brown accuses Ruth Gledhill of curious behaviour.
- Ruth Gledhill explaining that her behaviour was not curious.
- Various sensible bloggers: Maggi Dawn, Sarah Brush and wannabepriest