I remember when I was young and blogging was new I signed up for the ‘Blogs4God’ website. It had lists of Christian blogs, and did a good job of listing them in a list-like fashion. Gosh, those were the days. I did drift away from the site a bit, partly because there is just so much on the internet to look at and partly because I did feel it represented a brand of Christianity which wasn’t quite to my particular leaning. Whatever that means.
But now Blogs4God is back in a new shiny feature-filled form, and I like the look of it.
Why, if you have a blog and would describe yourself as a Christian, you should sign up and register at Blogs4God:
1) It uses Aggregators rather than lists of sites. This means it tells you which blogs have been updated.
2) Users can have a far greater input this time around. Any user can, I think, write articles for the front page. A moderator has to check them over, but that’s just to make sure they’re not rubbish.
3) The whole thing about it not being ‘my type of Christianity’ is a poor reason to not get involved in something. What was I thinking? If you feel it doesn’t represent you then joining in and contributing is a good way to give a different point of view an airing.
4) There seems to be less emphasis on ‘top ranked’ sites than the previous Blogs4God site or certain other blog listings. Trying to get to the top of a ranking is no way to live your life let me tell you.
5) Dean, who runs it sent me a very nice e-mail.
6) There is a special box you can tick if you write a Wiblog.
7) It wouldn’t hurt.
You might get some new readers as your blog will be listed and people might click your link.
9) It’s just launched. Today I think. So it’s nice and new and the crowds haven’t found it yet.
10) Nope. Really can’t think of a 10th. The signup page is here.